As it was Heritage Day this week… I had to bake these Cheesy Biltong Muffins.
I got the recipe from J&M Biltong a while back and they’re just so delicious, so easy and so quick to make it’s insane. This recipe only takes 10 minutes to bake.
CHEESY BILTONG MUFFINS:
250g Sasko Cake Flour (Sasko for me is simply the best flour I’ve ever used – it’s lump free and fluffy)
200g biltong slices (without the fat), finely chopped into very small pieces. (I love Joubert & Monty Biltong for the taste and price)
50g cheddar cheese, grated
30ml baking powder
1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds, ground finely
3 medium eggs or 2 jumbo
A pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil and milk in a separate bowl and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Mix lightly, just until all ingredients are moist (do not over mix).
- Spoon muffin mixture into greased muffin tin and bake for 10minutes (or until a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin, comes out clean).
Serve warm with a light spread of butter.
For more recipes and information on Sasko Flour like them on Facebook.