If you missed What’s in My Hospital Bag, please click here.
Today, I’m showing you what is in Baby G’s hospital bag. Packing this made it feel even more real, although I must admit, as I was packing the little clothes I kept saying to Sox: “I can’t believe a little person is going to fit in these. Our little person!”
I’m going to start with my nappy bag that I am completely in love with and I cannot wait to start using this. I wanted a bag that was fashionable so I could use it daily, and could also be used afterwards (not just as a nappy bag – it actually fits my laptop perfectly.) I also wanted one of excellent quality, which is why I chose leather because it will only get better and better with age.
I chose the Jeankelly Toffee 2 Pocket Leather shopper and it is AMAZING! You get all different kinds of leather and there is even a leather called Vanilla Blonde, but it wasn’t in the 2 pocket shopper and I really loved this design.
Jeankelly have designed the most beautiful leather shopper with two outside pockets. The inside has a water resistant lining, 4 inner pockets, a zipped pocket for your mobile and other personal items, a key/dummy clip and a removable shoulder/pram strap. Padded changing mat included. Our range is made by South Africa’s leading handbag manufacturer who has many years’ experience in crafting fine leather products.
The pockets are home for the Jellycat bunnies. I don’t know why, but I’ve been drawn to bunnies throughout my pregnancy.
It’s waterproof inside, with various pockets and zipped inners. I bought Sox the Jeankelly Leather Backpack as his own nappy/diaper bag for when I’m not with him and Baby G. I actually love how feminine and masculine it can be and I actually love that it allows you to be handsfree.
Have a look at www.jeankelly.co.za for the impressive full range.
So, what’s going into this bag for the hospital?
The hospital I am going to gives me a maternity pack with a lot of the toiletries, like nappies and cream and so on, but not all hospitals give you a maternity pack, so I’m posting what you generally need.
- Nappies – I’ve got the Huggies New Born. I love that it has an umbilical cord cut out. Clever. Disclaimer… I have never changed a nappy before. So Baby G’s will be my first. Crazy, right?
- Wet Wipes – I often laugh because I don’t use wet wipes now, so I always say it’s: Life before Wet Wipes vs Life after Wet Wipes, when your life can’t co-exist without them.
- Bum cream – I’ve got Sudocrem, which comes recommended by almost all of my friends.
- Organic Coconut Oil. I scooped out a little into a jar because I’ve heard it’s excellent for getting the Meconium off (babies first tar like, sticky poo.) It’s also antibacterial and will be moisturising on his new skin.
- Cotton Wool.
- Dummies (Pacifiers) – I have a newborn NUK and MAM dummies.
- Pacifier/Dummy cleaners. I genuinely think I bought this as a novelty, because in reality I probably won’t be as pedantic. It depends on how little he is, but I think some germs are good and I’ll probably just rinse it off/pop it in my own mouth, depending. Ok, I might have also got this because of the flavour. I am a total sucker!
Now for the cute things…
Even though I’m having a Winter baby, newborns cannot regulate their temperatures, so it’s important to bring warm clothes anyway.
- 3x Prem onesies/babygros as I’m not sure how little he will be and each week after 34 weeks is a bonus. I’m 35 weeks tomorrow. It feels like such a victory and so far this Fibroid is behaving, although I’m in serious pain non stop.
- 2 vests.
- 3 newborn onesies/babygros. Sox can always bring more of the correct size if need be.
- 2 beanies.
- 1 pair of socks and 1 pair of bootie bear socks that were too cute not to buy.
- 2 Swaddle cloths and burp cloths.
- Love to Dream Swaddle Up sleeping bag.
- 1 Baby blanket.
- Jeankelly Feeding Pillow. This is so clever. It comes in a waterproof cover that makes it great for traveling. You slip the pillow onto your arm, making it really easy for breastfeeding/bottle feeding.
- Mina Moo multi functional cover. This is possibly for when I breastfeed (if we have visitors at feeding time) and when we cover the car seat for when we take Baby G home.
I hope I have thought of everything and if I’ve missed some things, please do let me know!