February is not only the month of love or my birthday month, but it also happens to be Pregnancy Awareness Month.
Pregnancy Awareness Month aims to promote and educate women and the public about pregnancy and enhance healthy pregnancies as well as healthy babies.
Being pregnant is incredible, and it’s a privilege, but it’s extremely hard too. Your body doesn’t feel like your own, you feel aches you didn’t know could happen and now instead of just wondering how it’s hurting you, you wonder if it’s hurting your little baby growing inside. You wonder all the time if you’re doing the right thing, is baby OK, are you eating right? Are these cravings really good for the baby – aka, should I really be eating that pasta/chocolate/chips right now? It sounds paranoid, but these are thoughts that pop in every now and then and they are now added to your other daily thoughts. Yes, there really is more space in your brain for extra thoughts, can you believe it?
It is all worth it and the excitement grows hourly.
I was introduced to Faithful to Nature http://www.faithful-to-nature.co.za, SA’s biggest online organic, eco store. There are fantastic products and categories for everyone, including moms, moms-to-be and babies.
I could spend hours on their website. It’s easy to use, perfectly laid out so you can find exactly what you need and discover products you didn’t even know you needed.
It is our mission to provide an ever-expanding array of natural products to help celebrate your choice to live greener lives. – Faithful to Nature
I love that the products are eco friendly, they’re aimed at good health and they’re affordable.
I recently tested out the website. I ordered some products last week Wednesday and the very next day, my order was delivered. Incredible service.
I chose a selection for Baby G and I…
1. My boobs are out of control. No one warned me that they would grow and grow, the nipples would get larger and darker and blue veins would appear. Oh yeah… haven’t I just explained sexiness right there? You know I’m never going to sugar coat things on my blog. I ordered this Boody Organic Bamboo Ecowear white Bra. It’s soft, stretchy but still supportive and hypo-allergenic.
2. Speaking of boobs, I ordered the Bamboobies (love the name – it’s fun to say) Washable Nursing Pads.
3. Pregnancy snacks that are also healthy. Kale Chips in Cheezy Herb are actually really delicious and full of super green energy.4. Nakd Ginger Bread Bar – the ingredients are Dates, Almonds, Pecans, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. YUM!
For Baby G:
5. Sophie La Giraffe, natural rubber toy that is baby’s first sensory development toy. Almost every baby I know has one and loves it, so I was excited to order it.
6. Lovebug Shampoo Cap in blue. This is adorable. A friend has one and it works a charm. You pop it gently onto their head when you bath them, so you can wash their hair, but when you pour the water to rinse it rushes over the cap, and not into their little eyes.
7. Hugseez Baby Carrier in Grey. This is great for when you need your hands and still want to carry. I’m going to have to practice tying it.
8. Naturals Beauty Baby Bum Balm. It’s specially formulated for your baby’s delicate skin, with extracts of rooibos, aloe, chamomile and calendula. The formula is paraben-free and petroleum-free, so there are no nasties in the mix to irritate baby’s skin or block the pores.
To celebrate Pregnancy Month, I have some good news. I have a R1000 Gift Voucher for you to spend online at Faithful to Nature. YAY!
How to Enter:
- Go onto the website and share your favourite pregnancy / baby related product, by copying the URL link (so I can easily access it) and posting it in a comment below on my blog.
- Subscribe to my newsletter.
I’ll be choosing a winner this coming Friday, 3 March.