I, like most first time Mom’s, Googled and asked friends what I need in my hospital bag. I don’t like to overpack, but I also don’t want to under pack and not be prepared.
I have my Samsonite hand luggage for my hospital bag and then my Jeankelly Nappy bag, for Baby G’s bag. I’m going to do two separate blog posts so that it’s not too overwhelming.
I created my very first stop motion video, which was quite fun to make! Granted, it took me a good 2 hours to create this 1 minute video – hahaha. I still have lots to learn but I hope you like it.
OK, so let’s begin with what I’m taking to the hospital for me.
- Pajamas. I have 2x long sleeve, button up nighties (easy access for breastfeeding) from Woolworths and also 2x strappy breastfeeding nighties, because I know it can be really hot in the wards. The one is from Cotton On and MamaMeah.
- A fluffy, warm robe.
- Slippers and Havaianas that I can just slip on.
- Nursing Bras. H&M, Cotton On and Woolworths have lovely ranges.
- Panties. I bought the Cariwell Maternity mesh panties that hold the Maternity Pads and I also bought high waisted panties that are good for my C-section cut and also hold my tummy in a little.)
- Arriving/ Going Home outfit. I’ll probably wear the same Maternity dress and jacket I arrive in, home (it will still be clean as I’ll arrive and change into a hospital gown.) My tummy will still look like I’m pregnant from the swelling of a C-section, plus it takes a while for your Uterus to go back to normal, so I’m not bringing pants or jeans.
Toiletries: I got the large Lou Harvey cosmetic bag in Olivia Blue print. I love that it fits everything.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Fragrance free deodorant. I’ve chosen a fragrance free one, so that Baby G can get used to my natural scent and not a perfumed one.
- Letibalm – a great repair balm for lips and nose, since my lips dry out so badly in hospital.
- Face wipes.
- Face cloth and Exuviance face wash.
- Exuviance Toner and cotton pads.
- Exuviance Moisturiser.
- Clarins Eye cream.
- Wella Shampoo and Conditioner (in case, although I think my reality will be #10.)
- Travel size dry shampoo.
- Travel size body wash.
- Nipple Pads – Bamboobies and I have the Pigeon disposables.
- Nipple Cream – Mama Mio.
- Maternity Pads. I’ve bought the Cariwell, the Clicks and even Night time pads, but I’m obviously not taking them all with me. I’ll take the Cariwell, and keep the others for at home.
- Tangle Teezer hairbrush, hair clips and invisibobble hair bands.
- Make-up bag: I was in 2 minds about this, but I figured that if I look good; I’ll feel good and vice versa. I might not even have time to, nor want to put make-up on, but I’d rather bring a small bag than ask Sox to pack one for me – which could be hilarious. I have my Vichy Eau spray, MAC tinted moisturizer, Chanel CC cream, LOV blush (so I don’t look too pale), a Catrice eyebrow pencil and Benefit eyebrow wand, mascara and my Clarins Lip Oil. I’ve chosen products for some coverage, for my eyebrows and to hydrate my lips and give a little natural colour, rather than full eye make up.
- iPad and iPhone – I have audio books and my Kindle app.
- iPhone charger and double adapter (hospitals don’t usually have 2 pin plug points, so be prepared.)
- Camera and charger
- Headphones. These are from Sudio. Get 15% off by using my code: VANILLABLONDE15
- Journal and pen. I want to write down everything that happens. Everyone says the days are a blur and you forget so much, so I’ll bullet point journal things that happen. This is my journal I’ve kept from the day I found out I was pregnant.
- Folder with: ID Book, Medical Aid card and other important documents.
- Vitamins and my natural supplement for constipation. You won’t be able to leave the home without ensuring your tummy has worked, so I’ll take these with me.
- Speaking of… a packet of prunes + other snacks (not photographed.)
I don’t think I’ve forgotten anything, but if I have, won’t you please leave a comment below so that I can add to it.