I made this smoothie the other morning and it was so good; that the following morning I actually woke up earlier than usual, because I couldn’t wait to make it.
The ingredients are simple and they’re packed with vitality.
On your way home from work, stop by the grocery store and get these ingredients, if you don’t already have them in your kitchen.
- Baby spinach. Spinach is an excellent source of vitamin K, vitamin A (in the form of carotenoids), manganese, folate, magnesium, iron, copper, vitamin B1, B2, B6, vitamin E, calcium, potassium, zinc and vitamin C. It is a very good source of dietary fibre, protein and choline.
- Plain double cream yoghurt. It’s a great source of calcium, vitamin B-2, vitamin B-12, potassium, magnesium and probiotics, which is great for you gut.
- Strawberries (fresh or frozen.) They’re full of antioxidants and an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Cinnamon (as much or as little as you want. I like to give a good shaking.) Cinnamon is excellent in lowering blood sugar levels, regulates your metabolism, is full of antioxidants and is an anti-inflammatory.
- Coconut water – excellent source of hydration because of it’s electrolytes. It’s also full of calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.
- 1 Tbsp MCT oil, which you can purchase at any health store. I was asked quite a bit about MCT oil when I posted my Instagram pic, so I wanted to shed some light on how great it is. MCT = Medium-Chain Triglycerides
- Maintain a healthy weight — since they make you feel full
- Specifically reduces stored body fat — since they also raise your metabolic function
- Have more energy
- Think more clearly
- Experience better digestion
- Balance hormone levels
- Improve your mood
- Fight bacterial infection and viruses
- Absorb fat-soluble nutrients from various foods
Pop all the ingredients (you decide how much or little you want of each) into a good blender or Nutribullet and blitz away.. Pour into a glass and slurp away.Disclaimer. It’s not the prettiest looking once blended, but it tastes so good.It’s a great start to a morning or a healthy, easy snack! Enjoy!