Goodbye 2016 and Hello 2017! It’s good to be back! Even though I’ve worked sporadically throughout the season on Smile 90.4 FM, today is my official day back to work and that includes this blog! I’m excited to bring you fresh content, exciting ideas and to share my joy!
I’m not an expert when it comes to Numerology, but I do find it fascinating and this is my take on it.
2016 was a difficult year for a lot of people I know. There is a reason. If you add the numbers 2+0+1+6 = 9. Life happens in 9 year cycles. That is why 2016 was a year of things ending, it was a year of death (just look at the number of famous deaths – twice the amount in 2015 and 5x the amount in 2012.) It meant an era came to an end. It wasn’t all doom and gloom if there was an ending, it just meant that some things ran their course. I got married in a year 9, which actually made sense, because in the last 9 year life cycle of relationships I had been in, it made sense the cycle ended in me marring the right person! With the new life cycle beginning, we start a whole new era and we actually become parents this year.
2017 = 10 (you always make it one digit, so 1+0=1)
Year 1 is a year of new opportunities, fresh beginnings, rebirth and birth. THIS is the year to start a fresh. If you want to write that novel or start that business, this is the year! Whatever you begin in this year, will prosper and grow through the next 9 years (life cycle.) If you already have something existing, use this year to inject fresh energy! It doesn’t just have to be about career, it flows into everything. Relationships, money, homes and so on.
This is what I wrote and posted to my social media and it ended up going viral!
If you want to see what your personal number is and what it has in store for you, click here. What’s your personal number and do you relate? I’m a 7 this year and it actually makes sense for me.
Here are my 2017 Goals:
- Continue to grow Vanilla Blonde and be as interactive as possible. If you have suggestions, I’m always open.
- Plan a lot of content ahead of time, especially for when Baby G arrives.
- Continue to grow my radio show on Smile 90.4 FM. Maurice Carpede and I make such an exciting, fun team on radio and we have a blast on the Afternoon Drive. I hope it comes across and that more and more people will listen as they discover Cape Town’s fastest growing radio station.
- Really look into finishing my book – an extension of this blog – especially before baby arrives. I’ve written a lot of content and now it’s just about getting the photography done and finding out about publishing. Do I self publish? Do I find a publishing house? I also need to get over my fear of this – I worry about whether people will enjoy the book, will they buy it, is there even a need for it? These have become obstacles and procrastination points. This year, I want to push them aside and fulfil a dream. It’s a tall order to do in such a short period of time. Erm, I was about to backspace that last sentence because I realised it was another obstacle/doubt I was placing, but I’m leaving it there as a reminder to stop. I need to just DO IT!
- Get Baby G’s Nursery ready – surreal and exciting.
- Continue to exercise throughout my pregnancy. I do Pilates twice a week and I want to continue doing regular promenade walks and going to the BUC gym to cycle for 30 minutes.
- Learn about motherhood, embrace it, deal with some anxiety I have and hopefully be the best Mom I can be to Baby G. Again, surreal. Our pregnancy story is coming soon!
Here’s wishing you a very happy new year!