If you’re looking for something fresh and delicious, then this salad is a hit. Whenever I’ve made it, there’s never been any leftovers, which I think is a very good sign.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 1 packet of Broccoli Florets (raw)
- 1/2 a Red Onion
- 1 and a half handfuls of dried Cranberries
- 1 and a half handfuls of Salted Cashew Nuts
Ingredients for the dressing:
- 1 and a half cups of French Mayonnaise (you don’t want tangy)
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbs of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp of Xylitol
- 1/2 cup of milk (you can add more if you want a runnier consistency)
Make your salad:
- Chop your red onion and chop your raw broccoli into small florets and place in a bowl.
- Scatter the dried cranberries and cashews in and toss the salad together.
Make your dressing:
- Mix your mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Apple Cider Vinegar and Xylitol together and whisk out any lumps.
- Add your milk in slowly to get the consistency you like: You don’t want it to be a thick mayonnaise consistency, nor do you want it too runny. It must be thin enough to coat all your salad ingredients.
It is delicious, crunchy and fresh. Enjoy on its own, or as a side dish.
Let me know if you make it and how you enjoy it!