When you receive a call from Red Square asking if you’d like to be one of four bloggers to create a #RedHotPartyLook with a gift voucher they’re sending your way, you do a happy dance whilst holding the phone (hoping they can’t hear that) and say a very happy YES!!
I was also given the inspiration of: Light & Dark and I knew exactly what I wanted to create: A sexy smokey eye for the dark and light lips. It’s the perfect look for office Christmas parties, New Years Eve parties, a girls night out or even a romantic date.
I headed to Canal Walk with my Red Square voucher and chose some products for my look:
1. The Smokey Eye Shadow in Brown by Gosh.
2. The Smokey Eyeliner in Smokey Black and Smokey Brown. I used the smokey black for my #RedHotPartyLook because I wanted something more sultry and it had to work with my Dark & Light theme. The smokey brown is great for day time.
3. It’s the first time I’ve tried the Lancome Hypnose Drama and it’s magic. The gift pack is available at Red Square for the same price as the mascara and it has a make-up remover, a mini mascara and kohl eyeliner, which is ideal for your party clutch bag.
4. Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Foundation in Ivory Beige. It has an SPF of 10 and a little goes a long way so it really lasts! The coverage is fantastic too and I adore this foundation. My mom uses it too and it always makes me think of her.
6. Elizabeth Arden’s Beautiful Colour Duo Bronzer. This really does make you look sun kissed and blends well.
7. I used Revlon’s Brow Fantasy Pencil and Gel in Dark Blonde. This is perfection and really makes your eyebrows look full, but not drawn on and the colour is wonderfully natural.
8. Cliniques Chubby Stick in Mega Melon. The rule is always to keep your lips light when you have a dark, smokey eye, so don’t be fooled by this colour. I applied this lightly to give my lips a pop of pink – I love the “I’ve just eaten a fresh strawberry” look and I also applied it to my cheeks. This is a great time saver too. I applied the stick to my finger and patted it into the apple of my cheeks as a cheek stain.
I happened to be at the new hotel, Park Inn Newlands getting ready for a party and this is where I filmed the Tutorial with some of my favourite make-up tips and secrets too, so watch here:
And the final look….
Red Square has given me a R1000 Gift Voucher to give away so that you can also create your own #RedHotPartyLook.
and leave me a comment on my blog with your email address: What are my tips for creating brighter, more alert eyes? *Answer is in the video*