I often get asked about which baby items I have that are really useful with Georgie and whilst I am working on my top list, I wanted to share what is hands down, my number one product.
The Granny Goose NurtureOne Cushion. In fact, you’ll see it in almost all of Georgies photo’s and Instagram stories.
You really do need it.
I received a cushion from Granny Goose and I also received one at my baby shower, from some of my girlfriends. I told my girlfriends that I’d return the one and exchange it and they all shouted out: “No don’t!” We all laughed at how they had jumped at the “No!” and went on to explain that I shouldn’t exchange it, because I’ll need the one, whilst the other is in the wash!
Clever thinking and 100% right.
Stick to the washing instructions (you wash it in the bag it comes in) and you’re good to go… if it loses a little shape, just massage the fibers.
I don’t know what we would have done without it. It’s the number 1 item we use all the time and if we have forgotten it on a trip, we will turn around to go back and fetch it. Seriously.
NurtureOne is dedicated to helping parents provide a tranquil, secure resting environment for their newborns, promoting a seamless integration of baby into our world. The cushion assists with snug position for sleeping, which in turn encourages calm and relaxation.
You get 3 types of cushions. The NurtureOne Nesting Cushion no. 2, no. 3 and no. 4.
The no. 2 dimensions are: 45 cm x 75 cm, the no. 3 measures 50 x 85 cm and the no. 4 cushion is the same size as no.3 but has an attached sleeping bag.
We have two of the NurtureOne Nesting Cushion No. 3.
George is so comfortable in it and it’s made our life so easy!
How we have used our NurtureOne:
- He sleeps on the cushion day and night and since it’s portable, we can pick him up and move him from the couch to his cot, or from the lounge to our bedroom, without changing his position or waking him. It’s genius. In the pic below, he fell asleep on it on the couch… so we moved him to his little rocker without waking him.
- We use it in his bassinet, in his pram. Again, because it’s so portable, if we want to go for a prom walk or walk to one of our favourite breakfast spots and he’s sleeping, we don’t have to unsettle him. We just take the whole cushion and pop it into the pram and voila! In the pics below, we actually took him out of the pram, in the NurtureOne – Dad played silly buggers with the glasses (he slept through it all) and held him on his lap.
- If we do have to unsettle him, it soothes him. If we travel somewhere, the idea is normally not to remove them out of the carseat (never wake a sleeping baby!) and just pop the pram adapters on, fit the carseat and use your pram like that. We have found that George isn’t as comfortable in his carseat, and if we are going to be out longer than 2 hours, the idea is that babies shouldn’t stay in their carseats longer than 2 hour. We usually take him out (which does wake him a little bit) and transfer him onto the NurtureOne and into the pram… I find that once his head hits the pillow, he’s instantly comfortable and falls back to sleep easily. *Touch wood* … I don’t want to jinx anything here.
- For feeding. Pick up the whole cushion with him on it, pop it on your lap and you can breast or bottle feed, while still keeping baby comfortable.
- For others to hold. So many people are very anxious to hold a small newborn. If he’s on the cushion, people feel much safer holding him in that, than his small body. I also feel more comfortable knowing his neck is completely supported.
Now that I have been introduced to this, it is now my #1 gift for friends who are having babies, because I know it’s going to be the one product that is utilized daily.
You can buy yours online here.
PS. I can’t believe how fast time is flying and how big he is getting. Looking at some of the photos I have here, I’ve already forgotten how tiny he was! Will time please slow down already!
Here are 2 more recent pics of him on his NurtureOne cushion: