I’ve been reading a lot of blogs lately… it’s a guilty pleasure. I can’t get enough.
I’ve happily stumbled across them and most of them are from the US and the UK aka The Northern Hemisphere.
It’s so funny to see how some blog posts express the excitement for warmer weather and Spring clothes etc…
I am in denial that Autumn is coming. I’m ignoring the trees that have already started to turn shades of reds and oranges and I refuse to feel that the air at night is slightly cooler than normal.
With today’s rainy, chilly weather I just know that Autumn is getting closer and closer
Things I love about Winter:
- The fashion… I love the coats, the boots, the scarves and hats etc and I love that I get to paint my nails dark plums, grays and so on. I find it too depressing to see dark nails in Summer.
- I love making Gluhwein and hot chocolate and sitting around a fire.
- I love it when I don’t have to get out of bed and I can stay under my warm duvet
- I love the cuddles and snuggles… now I just need to find that special person. Ha ha.
- Hot water bottles
- Curling up on the couch under a thick blanket watching a good movie or reading a thriller.
Things I hate about Winter:
- The cold… My toes stay permanently cold and if my feet are cold, my entire body is cold.
- Having to get out of my warm bed early in the mornings.
- My nose always runs in the cold weather. So annoying.
- Immune systems are low… Hate being sick.
- This is going to sound odd, considering I’ve listed “cold” as being on the “hate” list … I hate that it doesn’t snow. I LOVE SNOW. I am of Swiss heritage after all. It would also, in my mind, make the cold more acceptable.
- I always eat too much. It’s too cold for salads, so it’s the soups and stews and delicious comfort food. Ordinarily this would be under my LOVE list… but since I’m trying to lose those extra kilo’s it doesn’t help at all!
- Not knowing what to wear to fancy functions. It’s too cold to wear a sexy cocktail dress, but once inside it’s too hot to be covered up. Sometimes coats just don’t do the trick. Maybe you fashioni-stars know the trick…please enlighten me 🙂
Here’s some inspiration for all your Northern Hemisphere peeps:
For the Southern Hemisphere peeps: