It is back to reality for me and I am not going to lie – it’s hard to get back into a routine when I’ve come back from the most incredible holiday!
I wanted to cry when I left Cape Town. I have absolutely fallen in love with that city – I do a little more every time and I think this year, I really have to look at making it my new home.
It’s been a thought process of mine for over 18 months now. It started off as a whisper and now it’s so loud and clear, I really want to make it happen. Part of me wishes I could just pack up my car and drive down spontaneously and make it happen, but another part of me – the responsible part – believes I should find a job first and then make the move.
All in God’s time.
I have a positive feeling about 2013! It’s a big milestone year for me – in fact the 4th of February is coming up so soon I can hardly believe it.
I have great dreams and I hope to make them come true!
I never like to make “New Years Resolutions” – purely because there always seems to be an air of failure attached – almost like people make them, half knowing they’re not going to amount to anything or be sustainable, so instead of labelling them that, I’d like to call it a List of Promises/Wishes/Hopes. I have a long list, but I’ll share a few of them here:
- Be kinder to myself
- No matter what – always take my make-up off before bed – Yes- I know it’s an obvious must-do, but sometimes I just don’t do it. Bad.
- Get my heart pumping for 1 hour every day!
- Get into Bikram Yoga – I tried a week in December and hated the first class and a half – I thought I would die from the heat, but I’ve actually grown to love it and now I can’t wait to do more.
- Read more.
- Write more.
- Cook more using fresh ingredients.
- Drink more water – this will always be a reminder on my list, because I can always improve in the aqua department.
- Travel and Explore – This will always be on my list.
- Spend more time outside.
- Learn a language. I’d love to learn German since I am of Swiss decent.
- Grow my blog in audience and advertisers and always with integrity. I started this blog because I love to write and I love photography. It’s a way to express myself creatively and it brings me joy. I write from the heart so that it is always genuine, honest and personal. I don’t align myself with any brand or anything that isn’t true to who I am. I write with no expectations, so when I do receive comments and emails from you it warms my heart. I really hope you’ll continue to read my blog because you enjoy it and brings you a little joy, share your thoughts and comments and let’s grow the South African blogging community.
If you want to be a part of Vanilla Blonde this year, contact me at email@example.com