It’s Thanksgiving in the States and even though we don’t really celebrate it here in SA, I’d still like to take the opportunity to be thankful.
I am so thankful for…
- An incredible year. 2015 has been pretty damn awesome. I started on TV and commercial radio here in Cape Town, I got engaged and I’ve got some new exciting projects happening too.
- My fiancé. I am so excited to marry you, Sox and I’m so grateful that you’re in my life. You make me want to be a better person every day.
- My family. It’s tough living in a different city and as of December, my little sister and her husband are moving to London. I’m so sad and happy for them. At the end of the day no matter the distance and no matter the silly arguments, we all love and support each other unconditionally and I’m so thankful for that. I’m also thankful for my new family – my Greek in laws who are just warm, welcoming and wonderful.
- My best friends in Johannesburg, my Godson and my new friends here in Cape Town. When Sox and I were compiling our wedding invite list, it was one hell of an eye opener. It was a humbling and blessing of a surprise/experience to see the number of people that are in our lives and who really mean the world to us. Needless to say it’s been impossible to invite everyone. They say if you can count your true friends on one hand, you’re blessed. We are abundantly blessed then.
- Cape Town. My soul is so damn happy down here. I love the lifestyle, I love the scenery and I love the energy. I’m so thankful I took the terrifying plunge in April 2013.
- My career. I’ve been on radio for 14 years and I haven’t missed a year. I was so worried about the unknown of moving to Cape Town, especially when I had naysayers telling me I was stupid for moving, when all the work/my industry was in Johannesburg. It feels good to be back on commercial radio, on Smile 90.4 FM and in the slot I feel at home in: Afternoon Drive, with the most fantastic co-host, Maurice Carpede. I’ve loved the projects I’ve worked on, the voice overs I record, the MC gigs. I’ve also been getting more into TV presenting and I just love it. More, more, more please! I’m so grateful.
- My health. Mentally, emotionally and physically. As I get older, I respect my body so much more and appreciate it so much more. I choose to be healthy and it feels good. I do wish I had adopted this attitude in my twenties, but better late than never.
- Vanilla Blonde. This is my passion project that brings me joy and I’m so thankful to be able to write and share. I’m even more thankful that you read it and I could burst with gratitude when you leave me a comment. THANK YOU!
What are you grateful for?
Happy Thanksgiving to all those who celebrate!