I went back to Johannesburg for the weekend to visit my Mom and Dad, meet a brand new 7 week old family member, Mason, who is the cutest baby! I also got to see my Godson, Gabriel, my BFF Karolina and my other besties Lucia and Katia! As always the time flew and I didn’t get to see half the people I wanted to. I feel like I blinked and I was on a plane back to to Cape Town.
While I was there, my Mom and Dad made their fresh herb steak and it was so delicious! I even Snapchatted the whole process – including my Dad teaching us how to know when the steak is medium rare, medium and well done.Ingredients:
- A good piece of steak.
- Fresh herbs: Origanum, Basil, Parsley, Rosemary
- Olive Oil
- Cook the steak in a little butter – just so that it doesn’t stick and also for flavour. Cook for 5 minutes on one side. After 5 minutes, flip it over and cook for another few minutes.
- Chop the fresh herbs up with the garlic on a wooden board. These herbs came straight out of my Mom’s garden.
- Pour a glug of Olive oil on top of the herbs and mix into a paste. Spread it out onto the board and keep a little aside.
- Once the steak is cooked, place it on top of the herbs and put the rest of the herbs on top of the steak. Allow that to sit for about 3-5 minutes so that the fresh herbs can infuse into the steak.
- Slice and serve with your side dishes.
Duke, the steak guardian and the wishful hoper that it will fall from the kitchen table.