I love playing with different eyeshadows, even though I tend to stick to browns and copper so when I found this coral shade I knew it would become a firm favourite – especially in Spring and Summer.
It’s perfect for day time and can be jazzed up for an evening look.
Here is a daytime look I created with a very subtle smokey coral look.
I tend to start with my eyes first before my foundation, even though most make-up artists don’t. If any eyeshadow has dropped down I just wipe it off without worrying that I’ve messed up the foundation.
1. Sweep the light colour from the Catrice Eyeshadow Never Let Me Go palette on as a highlighter – just under your eyebrows and in the corners of your eyes (this is a particularly awesome tip if you’ve had a late night and want to look a little more awake.)
2. Use the coral colour from the Essence eyeshadow Irresistible Fox-trott in the crease of your eyes and then sweep down onto the rest of your lid to the eyelashes. You can also use the coral colour from the Catrice palette.
3. Use the brown from the Essence eyeshadow Irresistible Fox-trott in the corners of your eyes in a C-shape. Blending is vital.
4. Line your eyelids with the Essence Stays No Matter What eye pencil and shadow in Chocolate Brownie.
5. Apply 2 coats of MAC Zoom Lash in Zoom Black.
6. Wipe away any eyeshadow that might have dropped and ensure your face is moisturised.
7. Apply your foundation. I really like Catrice Ultimate Moisture Fresh Skin Make Up in Honey. It’s hydrating, long wear and oil free.
8. Apply a bronzer to the hollows of your cheeks and blend. Apply bronzer to the sides of your nose and blend a little on the top of your forehead into your hair line. I am obsessed with Bodyography Natural Finish Face Bronzer. It’s Paraben free too.
9. Add Catrice’s Blush Tint in Rose Flush to the apple of your cheeks. This is the first liquid blush I’ve ever used and it blends beautifully, giving you the perfect cheek.
10. Comb your eyebrows first with an eyebrow brush and then apply Catrice’s Eyebrow Filler to darken eyebrows. I particularly like this one because it keeps my eyebrows in place all day long as well as filling them, whilst still looking natural.
Finally I added a slick of lipgloss by Clinique and spritzed on my favourite Elie Saab fragrance.
To turn this look from day time to night time, apply a black eyeliner and a darker brown or charcoal colour in the C-shape and a light coral lipstick.
Remember the rule: If your eyes are smokey and dark, keep your lips light and vice versa.