I’m getting straight into this Banting/Keto Zucchini recipe, because there is nothing more annoying than finding a recipe online and having to scroll and scroll past a whole story before getting to the actual recipe!
Here we go:
Ingredients for Banting/Keto Zucchini Fritters:
- 8 medium Zucchinis
- 1 tsp Himalayan salt
- 1 cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large Eggs
- 1-2 tsp Sweet Basil seasoning
- Coconut oil (for frying)
- 2 cloves of garlic minced (optional – I didn’t make mine with garlic because it really affects me badly, but the recipe I used had it in.)
- Grate your zucchini and place in a colander so it can drain.
- This step is the most important. Once you’ve grated your zucchini, sprinkle salt over it and let it sit over the sink for 10 minutes. The salt draws excess water out, which helps the fritters get crispy.
- Place the zucchini into a dish cloth and squeeze out as much water as you can. Tip: If your fritters are soggy, it’s probably because you didn’t remove enough water from the zucchini.
- Mix the zucchini, eggs, sweet basil, garlic (if you’re adding it – I didn’t) and parmesan cheese together.
- Scoop out some of the mixture and flatten it into a flapjack shape.
- Fry them in some coconut oil in a medium-low heat so they don’t burn, until golden brown.
- Serve with some sour cream or a dollop of full cream cottage cheese (I did this – so delicious.)
Other serving suggestions: Use them as mini Burger rolls, or have them for breakfast under a fried egg.
Simple, delicious, healthy!