This is my 300th Post. Wow. 300. Really? I can’t believe I’ve had that much to write about and even more amazingly that you have read them all.
I wondered about the number 300 – does it have a specific meaning? I instantly thought of the movie 300 with the Spartans, but um… that’s not quite what I was going for.
I found these interesting facts:
- According to the book of the secrets of Enoch, 300 entirely brilliant angels keep the the garden of Eden, and a unceasing voice and a beautiful song serve the Lord all days and every hours.
- In Cabal and in Hinduism, in the subdivisions of a Mahâ Kalpa – the duration of an eternity – 300 mortal days form one mortal year.
- In the Spartans, the particular guard of the king in times of war was composed of 300 men.
- The 300 Ombrians who was saved from the universal flood.
- The ancestors of Romulus had raised 300 towers in central Italy.
- The old kings of Arcadie lived 300 years, in relation with the 300 days of the most oldest year.
- According to a legend on the birth of Buddha, his mother carried him during 300 days – the 3 seasons or 9 months multiplied by 100 and reduced in day.
- Pythagoras had 300 disciples.
Just some interesting trivia.
Today is also Wednesday Wisdom, so I thought I’d post some of my favourite quotes. For those who do follow this blog, you’ll know how I love my quotes and these just make me smile.Thank you for reading my blog – it brings me such joy writing it…and knowing you read it makes me beyond happy.